"Of soup and love, the first is best."
Spanish Proverb

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Asian Noodle Salad (Take Two)

I know I've previously posted a recipe for Asian Noodle Salad, but this one is a lot better for a lot of reasons. It's easier to prepare and it can sit in the fridge overnight without getting gloopy or stiff. * It's a crowd pleaser. Thanks for the inspiration, Christina.
Asian Noodle Salad
Ingredients:
1 lb. Linguine
1 bunch green onions, cut on angle
1 large red pepper, julienned
1 large green peeper, julienned
1 large carrot, peeled, julienned
1-2 Tbl. sesame seeds, toasted (toasting is optional but optimal)

Cook noodles until al dente. Rinse with cold water to shock. To toaste sesame seeds, heat over medium heat in a saute pan 2-4 minutes until they smell nutty.

For the dressing, combine in a blender:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbl. creamy peanut butter
3 Tbl. rice vinegar
2 Tbl. sesame oil
1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated or minced*

Blend until smooth.
Combine dressing with vegetables and noodles and toss until well coated. Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
*If preparing the day before, wait and toss noodles and veggies with dressing immediately before serving.
*One of my new favorite tricks and to insure I always have fresh ginger at my disposal: peel a nob of ginger and throw it in a freezer bag in the freezer. Then it's always ready and even easier to grate.

2 comments:

Kimberly Pace Henderson said...

I made this Sunday night and it was just like I remembered it from your kitchen. I had to add a breast of grilled chicken for my flesh eating hubby - great recipe!!

Mary Ann said...

This was wonderful! Sebi thought that by taking the Chinese dual immersion program he'd be eating only Chinese food for lunch -- he's been looking wistfully at Panda Express each time we drive by. So I made this instead. The family loved it and I had everything in the kitchen already. Definitely a keeper!